Empowering your teams magnifies your impact!
I call it the Magnificent Seven to help you empower your teams.
1. Give clear boundaries.
2. Have confidence and trust in your team.
3. Give clarity of purpose and expectations, and timings of delivery.
4. Support accordingly.
5. Be kind on failure and encourage the identification of learning opportunities.
6. Praise when due but give clear and honest feedback at all times.
7. Be open to a new way of doing something through your team.
When you empower your teams, they may do it in a slightly different way. And in fact, they may do it in a way that is more productive and more efficient and more creative and more innovative.
And you know what, by empowering your team, you not only magnify your potential through them, you potentially unlock more of them in that situation.